Mailing List Archive

First rsyslog v3 stable released - 3.14.1
Hi all,

I am glad to finally announce rsyslog 3.14.1, the first version of the
v3 stable branch.

This version offers almost all features of the current development
version to those in need of a stable branch. Among others, this includes
support for multiple database backends, queued and offline operations,
SNMP and text file support. It is a big step compared to the v2 stable
branch. Users are advised to check the compatibility notes before the
update. It's not strictly necessary, but will enable to use rsyslog in
the most efficient and problem-free way.

Please note that development continues inside the v3 branch. The v3
stable branch will see future feature enhancements after they have
sufficiently matured. The v2 stable branch is still supported. It is
quite featureless (compared to v3) but extremely solid. So if you are
(or need to be) ultra-conservative, you can still take the v2 route.
Feature-wise v2 is a dead end and only bug fixes will be provided.

The general recommendation is that the v3 stable branch be used for
regular production machines. The Fedora project will feature rsyslog v3
stable in its upcoming release 9.

Please note that I made a mistake two days ago: I accidently released
3.14.0 to the web, without it being actually ready. For this reason, I
have renamed the release to 3.14.1. There will never be an official
3.14.0 release. If you happen to have it downloaded and installed,
please accept my apologies. You should get 3.14.1 whenever you are
ready.

Change Log:

http://www.rsyslog.com/Article205.phtml

Download:

http://www.rsyslog.com/Downloads-req-getit-lid-94.phtml

I hope this release is useful. As always, feedback is appreciated.

Best regards,
Rainer Gerhards