Mailing List Archive

rsyslog 3.15.0 released - with RELP
Hi all,

yes, I know it's April, 1st. But this release is not related to it ;)

I have just released rsyslog 3.15.0, the release that finally provides
initial RELP support. RELP provides superior reliability over plain tcp
syslog, ensuring that no messages are lost. With plain TCP, this can
happen if the remote server goes down. RELP protects from this by
utilizing a full-duplex protocol where each message is acknowledged.
RELP should also be safe to use with stunnel, where plain tcp syslog
sometimes gets into trouble.

The core RELP protocol support is NOT part of rsyslog. It comes in the
form of librelp, available at http://www.librelp.com . You need to
install librelp before you try to compile rsyslog with RELP support.
That should be fairly simple.

If you run into any troubles, please let me know - I am more than happy
to help. I plan to do some more in-depth doc on the use cases soon.

Change Log:

http://www.rsyslog.com/Article203.phtml

Download:

http://www.rsyslog.com/Downloads-req-getit-lid-93.phtml

I hope this release is useful. Feedback is appreciated.

Rainer