Mailing List Archive

rsyslog 0.9.5 released
Hi all,

I have just released rsyslog 0.9.5. It supports multiple rsyslogd
instances on a single machine. This can be useful for special,
security-enhanced configurations. Release 0.9.5 also contains improved
error message handling during startup and some bug fixes. If you are
happy with version 0.9.4, there is no important reason to upgrade to
this release.

Version 0.9.5 as well as the next few versions upcoming are the final
steps toward a 1.0 stable released. Please expect frequent smaller
updates as I streamline the doc and tackle those bugs I've heared about.
Major new features will become available only after 1.0.

Please note that the new rsyslog site is now online at

http://www.rsyslog.com

This site is dirven by postnuke and now allows you to post your findings
about rsyslog. There is also a forum, but it is still in its infancy.
I'd appreciate suggestions for forums.

Please take some time to browse the new site and let me know how I can
further improve it.

All the best,
Rainer Gerhards