Mailing List Archive

rsyslog 0.9.4 is out - full TCP support
Hi all,

I am pleased to announce rsyslog 0.9.4. With 0.9.4, full tcp support has
finally arrived at rsyslog. It now can act both as a receiver as well as
a tcp sender. This provides multiple benefits. For example, syslog
traffic can now easily be encrypted. A paper on how to do that is
available at

http://www.rsyslog.com/rsyslog_stunnel.html

Version 0.9.4 has only minor other changes, all of which are listed at
http://www.rsyslog.com/Article17.phtml.

Please note that the www.rsyslog.com site mentioned in this mail is not
yet fully operational. We are currently moving content over to it. For
the time being, http://www.monitorware.com/rsyslog/ is still the project
home page.

Rsyslog development will focus on getting the 0.9.x series very stable
and then releasing a stable release of it. We hope this will soon be the
case. No major additional features are planned for the 0.9.x (soon to
become 1.0) series.

When we start a new development branch, the focus will initially be on
implementing the upcoming syslog protocol RFC and then Move to either a
RFC 3195 wrapper or bringing native SSL to the syslog/tcp connection.
Your feedback is appreciated and might very well influence the schedule.

I hope this tool is useful. Deployment reports are appreciated.

Rainer Gerhards