Mailing List Archive

rsyslog on HP UX
Hi all,

thanks to HP's testdrive, I got rsyslog to compile and basically run on
HP UX. My testing abilities on the testdrive are limited (non-root
access), but I was successfully able to receive a UDP syslog message and
store it to a file. So the engine and the plugins seem to run quite OK.

If anybody has HP UX and is interested in trying rsyslog out, please let
me know. Obviously, you'll receive great support if you try ;) The HP UX
"support" will be part of 3.12.1, which I hope to release soon (today or
tomorrow).

During the compile, there is a set of warnings that I do not fully
understand. If somebody can shed some light on them, I'd deeply
appreciate that:

net.c: In function `AddAllowedSender':
net.c:203: warning: cast increases required alignment of target type
net.c:212: warning: cast increases required alignment of target type
net.c:280: warning: cast increases required alignment of target type
net.c:280: warning: cast increases required alignment of target type
net.c:280: warning: cast increases required alignment of target type
net.c:280: warning: cast increases required alignment of target type
net.c:280: warning: cast increases required alignment of target type
net.c:280: warning: cast increases required alignment of target type
net.c:280: warning: cast increases required alignment of target type
net.c:280: warning: cast increases required alignment of target type
net.c:280: warning: cast increases required alignment of target type
net.c:280: warning: cast increases required alignment of target type
net.c:280: warning: cast increases required alignment of target type
net.c:280: warning: cast increases required alignment of target type
net.c:290: warning: cast increases required alignment of target type
net.c:294: warning: cast increases required alignment of target type
net.c:295: warning: cast increases required alignment of target type
net.c:296: warning: cast increases required alignment of target type
net.c: In function `MaskCmp':
net.c:491: warning: cast increases required alignment of target type
net.c:492: warning: cast increases required alignment of target type
net.c:502: warning: cast increases required alignment of target type
net.c:503: warning: cast increases required alignment of target type
net.c:512: warning: cast increases required alignment of target type
net.c:513: warning: cast increases required alignment of target type
net.c:513: warning: cast increases required alignment of target type
net.c:516: warning: cast increases required alignment of target type
net.c:517: warning: cast increases required alignment of target type
net.c: In function `debugListenInfo':
net.c:744: warning: cast increases required alignment of target type
net.c:749: warning: cast increases required alignment of target type
No suffix list.

They seem to be related to casting IPv4/IPv6 structures.

Feedback is appreciated.

Rainer