Some rsyslog futures and a funny thing named "rainerscript"
Hi folks,

please have a look at

http://rgerhards.blogspot.com/2008/02/introducing-rainerscript-and-some.
html

Feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,
Rainer
Some rsyslog futures and a funny thing named "rainerscript" [ In reply to ]
2008/2/23, Rainer Gerhards <rgerhards at hq.adiscon.com>:
> Hi folks,
>
> please have a look at
>
> http://rgerhards.blogspot.com/2008/02/introducing-rainerscript-and-some.
> html
>
> Feedback is appreciated.

While looking at
http://www.rsyslog.com/doc-rainerscript.html
I wondered if using a complete scripting language [1] for configuraton
is not making it overly complex and error prone. I specifically means
function definition etc. here.

But if you really need that kind of flexibility and scripting
capabilites, have you considered to use existing languages, like lua
[2], which were specifically designed to be embedded into
applications?

Cheers,
Michael

[1] Not quite complete, as loop constructs are missing.
[2] http://www.lua.org
universe are pointed away from Earth?