md5sum: d7b7d20d6a67fc03872edd42684f0468

Feedback is appreciated,
Rainer
New File Monitor Preview [ In reply to ]
2008/2/14, Rainer Gerhards <rgerhards at hq.adiscon.com>:
> I just posted a new, enhanced preview:
>
> http://download.rsyslog.com/rsyslog/rsyslog-3.11.2-pre.tar.gz
> md5sum: d7b7d20d6a67fc03872edd42684f0468

Wouldn't it be a good idea to use inotify (on linux) instead of polling?
With all the recent efforts to reduce wakeups (see powertop), a
polling syslogd would be counterproductive.

Cheers,
Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?
New File Monitor Preview [ In reply to ]
Michael,

agreed, but I'll move it to feature request status. I'd like to have a
basic imfile ready and then extend it. That one would also work on all
platforms (with and without inotify). Let it mature a bit in practice.
Then add (via ./configure flag?) the ability to use inotify. If you
agree, I'd add a tracker item so that this is not forgetten.

Rainer