not!) could have a look at it and tell me which bullet points are
missing. I try to get an as good comparison as possible and specifically
would like to see features listed that rsyslog is currently lacking.
Also, because I'll see if/when I can implement them. As such, I would
also appreciate your personal opinion on how important a missing feature
is.

Thanks,
Rainer
rsyslog/syslog-ng comparison [ In reply to ]
2008/1/30, Rainer Gerhards <rgerhards at hq.adiscon.com>:
> Hi all,
>
> I have added a rsyslog vs. syslog-ng feature comparison sheet to the doc
> set:
>
> http://www.rsyslog.com/doc-rsyslog_ng_comparison.html
>
> I would appreciate if those familiar with syslog-ng's features (I am
> not!) could have a look at it and tell me which bullet points are
> missing. I try to get an as good comparison as possible and specifically
> would like to see features listed that rsyslog is currently lacking.
> Also, because I'll see if/when I can implement them. As such, I would
> also appreciate your personal opinion on how important a missing feature
> is.

The feature to include config files based on name, directory or wild
cards is missing in the list ;-)

Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?
rsyslog/syslog-ng comparison [ In reply to ]

Could I miss this feature? ;) Well, I thought it is added by this bullet
point:

"config file includes, also full directory includes"

But that is probably a bit cryptic. Will see that I change the text.

And while we are at it: would a similar directive for $ModLoad make
sense (easy, but a bit doubtful from security perspective, malicious
users could just simply drop a Trojan on the well-known location and
know it'll get activated by rsyslogd on next system startup...).

Rainer