Mailing List Archive

Rsyslog 2.0.0 STABLE released
Hi all,

I have just released stable branch version 2.0.0. It brings all features
of 1.21.2 to the stable branch of rsyslog. As such, it offers a myriad
of new features to users of the previous stable version (1.0.5).
Examples are loadable output plugins and PostgreSQL support. Stable
2.0.0 is a recommended update for all stable branch users. Version 1.0.5
will no longer be supported.

Please note that there is no code difference between 1.21.2 and 2.0.0.
So if you already run 1.21.2, there is no point in updating to that
release.

Rsyslog development will continue with version v3. I expect to provide a
first "official" v3 version soon. Keep in mind, though, that the config
file syntax will not be fully backwards-compatible.

Rainer