Mailing List Archive

Rsyslog is awesome
Rainer:

I spent the better part of today setting up my centralized rsyslog
today. It's logging for about 20 different hosts now and working well.

I do have some questions about hostname matching DNS versus hosts
files. I think I may have found a crash bug too. I had a host that
was rsyslog was logging from without reverse DNS. As soon as I would
add the reverse DNS record rsyslog would crash. As if that source
name changing caused rsyslog to get confused.

I'm very happy to go over this in more detail with you when you have
some more time. With Christmas coming up I'm sure we'll touch base
after. Overall I'm very impressed with rsyslog. Good work!

--
Scott Baker - Canby Telcom
RHCE - System Administrator - 503.266.8253