Mailing List Archive

rsyslog packaging
Hi all,

I have received a proposal for rsyslog packaging and an associated
patch.

In that proposal, ommysql has its own makefile, but there is only one
configure.ac. Building of the module is controlled with the
--enable-mysql option. make dist configures and generates a tarball
containing ommysql.

I like this proposal as it keeps things separate, but still within a
single source distribution. However, given the feedback on the packaging
change in 1.19.8, I understand that this may not be considered the real
solution. So I would like to ask for advise if that is a good way to
package things. I think I will also later today be able to provide an
experimental tarball build in that way - so that you could try it out
and see if it works for you. I will not release a new version until
after feedback (or sufficiently-long silence).

I appreciate any comments.

Thanks,
Rainer