Mailing List Archive

CSWrsyslog v8.2002 event wrong "audit.notice" under SO Solaris 11.3
Hello,

I´m a new member of this wondefull group.

We have a problem with a CSWrsyslog package v8.2002 under SO Solaris 11.3

I explain:

In the file /etc/rsyslog.conf is configurated a facility "audit.notice"
for send to file: /var/log/audit_syslog.log

This configuration above no register any log lines.

When we execute command: logger -p audit.notice "This is a probe"
display messages: unknow facility name audit

Please, had you have some similar issue, they communicate us.

Thanks very much

Nice to meet you

Re: CSWrsyslog v8.2002 event wrong "audit.notice" under SO Solaris 11.3 [ In reply to ]
just pointing out that 8.2302 is releasing this month (if it didn't get released
already, so the version you are using is 3 years old.

I think I remember reading about this, there are multiple names for some of the
facilities and it sounds as if the version of logger you are using doesn't
support the name audit. That's not a problem with rsyslog, because rsyslog
doesn't get the name from logger it gets the PRI value, which is a number.

but in the rsyslog configs, I think there were changes to support multiple
versions of some names for compatibility.

without seeing your config, we can't be sure what's wrong, but try upgrading to
a more recent version and see if the problem (with your config not working as
expected) was fixed in the meantime. If it still isn't working, please post the
config

David Lang

Re: CSWrsyslog v8.2002 event wrong "audit.notice" under SO Solaris 11.3 [ In reply to ]
Good afternoon...

Thanks for support.

Regards

Re: CSWrsyslog v8.2002 event wrong "audit.notice" under SO Solaris 11.3 [ In reply to ]
8.2302 was released this week.

David Lang