Mailing List Archive

rsyslog 8.2208.0 released
Hi all.

Today, we release rsyslog 8.2208.0.

This release offers a big number of changes. Most notable are the
changes for the KSI module and openssl, which both received a number
of changes and fixes, i.e. optimization and crash fixes for KSI or
improved error reporting, support to split tls commands and fix for a
build issue on Solaris for openssl.

Other modules that received fixes are mmanon, omclickhouse, imptcp,
imfile, omfile, mmdblookup and some core functionality.

Please make sure to read the changelog to get more details about the
additions and an overview of all changes.

ChangeLog:

https://github.com/rsyslog/rsyslog/blob/v8-stable/ChangeLog

Download:

https://www.rsyslog.com/downloads/download-v8-stable/

As always, feedback is appreciated.

Florian
Re: rsyslog 8.2208.0 released [ In reply to ]
Hi, it has been over a month since this release, but there is still not
a packaged 8.2208.0 available in the typical place, eg.

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/rgerhards/Debian_11/

its interesting because the repo date is 10 sep, but the package is not
there.

Can someone have a look at what is keeping this automated process from
triggering a build for the release?

thanks!
micah

On 2022-08-09 17:48:21, Florian Riedl via rsyslog wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> Today, we release rsyslog 8.2208.0.
>
> This release offers a big number of changes. Most notable are the
> changes for the KSI module and openssl, which both received a number
> of changes and fixes, i.e. optimization and crash fixes for KSI or
> improved error reporting, support to split tls commands and fix for a
> build issue on Solaris for openssl.
>
> Other modules that received fixes are mmanon, omclickhouse, imptcp,
> imfile, omfile, mmdblookup and some core functionality.
>
> Please make sure to read the changelog to get more details about the
> additions and an overview of all changes.
>
> ChangeLog:
>
> https://github.com/rsyslog/rsyslog/blob/v8-stable/ChangeLog
>
> Download:
>
> https://www.rsyslog.com/downloads/download-v8-stable/
>
> As always, feedback is appreciated.
>
> Florian
micah
Re: rsyslog 8.2208.0 released [ In reply to ]
Hi Micah.

Quick note: It seems that none of the OBS packages were built. I did not
investigate to far about what happened there though, but we will surely
take a look next week.

Florian

Am Fr., 30. Sept. 2022 um 16:42 Uhr schrieb micah anderson <micah@riseup.net

Re: rsyslog 8.2208.0 released [ In reply to ]
Hello,

Just checking on this - I still see the older packages there. Any luck?

--
micah