Mailing List Archive

rsyslog connection problem in higher performance
Hi rsyslog group,

I'm stuck with rsyslog connectivity during higher load while rsyslog
instance processes data.
Through this operation, which takes approximately 20 minutes, my connection
to the port stop operate. After this time, connection is possible and the
instance works as it should be.

I'm using debian10 in Azure cloud - Standard F8s v2 (8 vcpus and 16 GiB
memory) which sent data further for next processing

Rsyslog version is 8.1901.0-1+deb10u2 using imuxsock, imklog, imtcp, imudp,
imptcp

global variables for number of threads for connection is 8
module(load="imudp")
module(load="imptcp" threads="8")

and mainq size for problematic instance is as follows:
queue.size="900000"
queue.highWatermark="850000"
queue.lowWatermark="750000"
queue.dequeueBatchSize="8192"
queue.workerThreads="8"
queue.workerThreadMinimumMessages="112500"
queue.discardSeverity="7"
queue.checkpointInterval="200000"
queue.type="LinkedList"
queue.timeoutshutdown="32000"

mainq disk conf
queue.spoolDirectory="/var/spool/rsyslog"
queue.maxDiskSpace="30g"
queue.syncqueuefiles="off"
queue.maxFileSize="100m"

If there are more information which I should show, I can provide them.
What can be done to solve the issue ? Priority or performance tuning etc ?

Thank you a lot,
Tomas
Re: rsyslog connection problem in higher performance [ In reply to ]
I suggest updating to 8.2208.0. IIRC there is a patch that prevents a
temporary stall if TCP connections receive data extremely fast.

Rainer

Re: rsyslog connection problem in higher performance [ In reply to ]
Hi Rainer,

Thank you for letting me know. I'm unable to upgrade rsyslog in this time, but I will think about it in a case of further upgrade