Mailing List Archive

TCP NotifyOnConnectionOpen
Hello Experts:

I am hoping that someone can explain why NotifyOnConnectionOpen is a Module parameter for imtcp, but an Input parameter for imptcp? This is in contrast to the NotifyOnConnectionClose which is an Input parameter in both cases.

Can NotifyOnConnectionOpen also be made an Input parameter for imtcp? It would really help for consistency.

Re: TCP NotifyOnConnectionOpen [ In reply to ]
My bad. On further examination the NotifyOnConnectionOpen does not exist for the imtcp module. The confusion comes from the fact that NotifyOnConnectionClose is both a Module and an Input parameter for imtcp.

But I repeat the question, can NotifyOnConnectionOpen be made an Input parameter for imtcp?

Thanks,

Re: TCP NotifyOnConnectionOpen [ In reply to ]
There is a lot of history in rsyslog. If a directive exists in one
module but not the other, it was probably implemented for a specific
use case. And not carried over. We try to avoid this, but often it
makes sense (especially when experimenting, contributions, etc.).

That said, I'll look what it takes to do the input param for imtcp.

Rainer

Re: TCP NotifyOnConnectionOpen [ In reply to ]
John,

please have a look here:

https://github.com/rsyslog/rsyslog/pull/4969

While I have tested the patch, it wouldn't hurt if you give it a try
and report back.

Rainer

Re: TCP NotifyOnConnectionOpen [ In reply to ]
Thank you Rainer, that will help track the client connections more accurately.