Mailing List Archive

omprog : error 2119
Hi,

In the embeded system we use rsyslog 8.2010.(but the same si in 8.2204)

Is it possible to prevent the cause of the following warnings?

 rsyslogd: omprog: program '/tmp/.rsysevent32790.sh' (pid 29661)
terminated; will be restarted [v8.2204.1 try
https://www.rsyslog.com/e/2119 ]
rsyslogd: action 'action-34-omprog' suspended (module 'omprog'), retry
0. There should be messages before this one giving the reason for
suspension. [v8.2204.1 try https://www.rsyslog.com/e/2007 ]
rsyslogd: action 'action-34-omprog' resumed (module 'omprog') [v8.2204.1
try https://www.rsyslog.com/e/2359 ]

In parallel with the execution of the script, snmp-trap is sent,

currently we have a situation where the script is executed once, but the
snmp-trap is sent twice with an interval of about 1 second.

Kind regards

Drasko
Re: omprog : error 2119 [ In reply to ]
The warning message simply indicates that rsyslog has detected that the
program (.rsysevent32790.sh) has exited.

The way omprog is intended to be used is as follows: it launches the
program attaching a pipe to its stdin, the program should continuously read
lines (logs) from the pipe, until the pipe gets closed by rsyslog (eof
reading from it). If the program exits before that, rsyslog will report
that warning message and try to restart the program.

I don't understand how you are trying to use omprog. Attaching the contents
of your script could help us better understand your use case.

Regards

Joan Sala

Re: omprog : error 2119 [ In reply to ]
I forgot to mention: also attach your rsyslog configuration please.

Re: omprog : error 2119 [ In reply to ]
That's right, after the reset there is no warning on the first "Start
PLC now!" but after the second ... a warning/ error 2119 appears.

On the second attempt, the function write  fails with errno=EPIPE.

        written = write(pChildCtx->fdPipeOut, ((char*)szMsg) + offset,
len - offset);
        if(written == -1) {
            if(errno == EINTR) {
                continue;  /* call interrupted: retry write */
            }
            if(errno == EPIPE) {
                LogMsg(0, RS_RET_ERR_WRITE_PIPE, LOG_WARNING,
                        "omprog: program '%s' (pid %ld) terminated;
will be restarted fd=%d",
                        pData->szBinary, (long)
pChildCtx->pid,pChildCtx->fdPipeOut);
                cleanupChild(pData, pChildCtx);  /* force restart in
tryResume() */
                ABORT_FINALIZE(RS_RET_SUSPENDED);
            }

The question is why is this happening?

I don't understand how you are trying to use omprog. Attaching the
contents of your script could help us better understand your use case.

When the PLC is started, the message "Start PLC now!" appears in the
messages, and then the script should be executed.
The script writes only the text to a file.
The script and rsyslog configuration has not changed since versions 8.13
and 8.29. There was no such warning/ error 2119 in those versions.

rsyslog.conf - general configuration

rsyslog_user.conf - user configuration

usrevent.conf - event configuration

rsysevent32790 .sh- event script

Regards

Drasko Jagodic

Re: omprog : error 2119 [ In reply to ]
your script (rsysevent32790.sh) does not work properly. It needs to
keep active and not terminate by itself. Instead, once started, it
needs top read stdin until EOF is reached.

Rsyslog warns about the unexpected abnormal termination. That was
probably introduced in some version.

HTH
Rainer

Re: omprog : error 2119 [ In reply to ]
Thanks for the reply, but I'm not sure I understood what I needed to do.

How to keep the script active? The script only needs to write text once
per event.

What should I do after writing the text to the file?

Regards

Drasko

Re: omprog : error 2119 [ In reply to ]
along these lines:

#!/bin/sh
while IFS= read -r string; do
echo -n "32790 EVT22: Start PLC now!" >> "/tmp/fuse/control/logevt/alarm"
done
exit 0

may not be 100% correct, taken from:
https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/433066/bash-succinct-way-to-loop-over-lines-from-stdin-or-command-line-arguments
-- verify with this info. It also looks like it is ok to ignore the
message itself in your case.

HTH

Rainer