Mailing List Archive

conf files - configuration assistance
Hey all,

I'm hoping someone can help me out with a configuration issue I've got.

I'm following this guide:

https://docs.splunksecurityessentials.com/data-onboarding-guides/cisco-asa/

It has two configuration files named splunk.conf and
splunk-cisco_asa.conf. I can see that the first file is being executed
as that file contains the input module on 514. And I'm currently
receiving syslogs to /var/log/syslog.

The issue I have is the second configuration file. It's supposed to
parse the logs and find anything that contains ASA-6-****** and put that
into a separate directory. Unfortunately that's not happening. I've
tested the regex against a sample of logs and that's fine.

The commands in that file are the following:

module(load="builtin:omfile")
$Umask 0022

$template asa,"/var/log/rsyslog/cisco/asa/%HOSTNAME%-%$MINUTE%.log"

:msg, regex, "%ASA-\d-\d{6}" ?asa

I'm running rsyslog 8.2001.0 on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS.

Do you have any suggestions why this isn't happening?

Thanks,

Will

Re: conf files - configuration assistance [ In reply to ]
You can ignore this request now.

I stumbled upon the regex expression checker/generator and I can see the
syntax is different, and that's why it's not working.

Thanks anyway!