Please make sure to read the changelog to get more details about the
additions and an overview of all changes.

ChangeLog:

https://github.com/rsyslog/rsyslog/blob/v8-stable/ChangeLog

Download:

https://www.rsyslog.com/downloads/download-v8-stable/

As always, feedback is appreciated.

Florian
Re: rsyslog 8.2202.0 released [ In reply to ]
??, 15 ????. 2022 ?. ? 20:18, Florian Riedl via rsyslog
<rsyslog@lists.adiscon.com>:

> Today, we release rsyslog 8.2202.0.

Can you set a true git tag?
v8.2022.0 < v8.2112.0, but v8.2022.0 is last.

> This is a bugfixing release. These fixes are for modules like imfile,
> omelasticsearch, imkmsg, imtcp, omhttp and more. Most notably is the
> fix for imtcp where threads were not properly terminated and could
> lead to segmentation faults on shutdown.
>
> Please make sure to read the changelog to get more details about the
> additions and an overview of all changes.
>
> ChangeLog:
>
> https://github.com/rsyslog/rsyslog/blob/v8-stable/ChangeLog
>
> Download:
>
> https://www.rsyslog.com/downloads/download-v8-stable/
>
> As always, feedback is appreciated.
>
> Florian

Alexey Shabalin
Re: rsyslog 8.2202.0 released [ In reply to ]
> Can you set a true git tag?
> v8.2022.0 < v8.2112.0, but v8.2022.0 is last.

Thx - too many 2's -> typo -> fixed

Rainer
Re: rsyslog 8.2202.0 released [ In reply to ]
Hello,

when upgrading to rsyslog 8.2202.0, I see the following change:

Feb 16 17:29:36 eistestvirt.fritz.box rsyslogd: [origin
software="rsyslogd" swVersion="8.2112.0" x-pid="12116"
x-info="https://www.rsyslog.com"] exiting on signal 15.

Feb 16 17:29:38 eistestvirt rsyslogd: [origin software="rsyslogd"
swVersion="8.2202.0" x-pid="16653" x-info="https://www.rsyslog.com"] start

Version 8.2112.0 logs an URL eistestvirt.fritz.box.
Version 8.2202.0 logs a hostname eistestvirt.

I log to using /var/log/messages
*.*;local5.!=info action(type="omfile" File="/var/log/messages"
sync="on" ioBufferSize="64k" Template="RSYSLOG_TraditionalFileFormat")

What do I have to configure to log an URL again?

Thank.
Regards,
Ansgar

Re: rsyslog 8.2202.0 released [ In reply to ]
Hello,

please cancel my problem report.

Looks like I made a mistake using
global(preserveFQDN="on")