Mailing List Archive

Does RainerScript action honours FileGroup?
Hi

Just trying to clarify If an omfile action written with RainerScript syntax will honour legacy declared $FileOwner / $FileGroup

For example :

$FileOwner root
$FileGroup example

action(type="omfile" template="test" file="/var/log/test_file")

I have tried this and it seems the action will honour the legacy declaration of default file ownership. However, is this configuration considered acceptable or it is something that should be avoided (according to doc *)?

Thanks

* "Be warned that legacy action format is hard to get right. It is recommended to use RainerScript-Style action format whenever possible"

Re: Does RainerScript action honours FileGroup? [ In reply to ]
In general, action() statements ignore the legacy settings, you need to
explicitly set the options in the action() statement. I don't know if you found
an exception, or a conincidence, but don't rely on it.

David Lang