Mailing List Archive

(no subject)
Hi,
I tried to switch some rsyslog configurations to advanced format to
fine-tune actions.

Instead of
local1.* /mnt/log/gdc;RawMsg

I wrote
local1.* action(type="omfile" file="/mnt/log/gdc" template="RawMsg"
ioBufferSize="128k" queue.size="50000" queue.type="linkedlist"
queue.filename="gdc")

As recommended, I kept other configurations as they were, if I don't
need any advanced configuration.

Eg.
*.info;mail.none;authpriv.none;cron.none /mnt/log/messages

But, I also changed legacy setting of file group ownership
$FileGroup splunk
$FileCreateMode 0640
$DirGroup splunk
$DirCreateMode 0650

And I've put that directly to module load
module(load="builtin:omfile" Template="RSYSLOG_TraditionalFileFormat"
fileGroup="splunk" FileCreateMode="0640" dirGroup="splunk"
DirCreateMode="0650")

The problem is, only the files configured with advanced format are
created with the correct group owner. /mnt/log/messages is created
under root user. Do I need to add back the legacy setting and keep
both in-module and legacy setting?

Milan Koudelka
Principal SW engineer
milan.koudelka@gooddata.com