Mailing List Archive

rsyslog seems to be triggering sdhci dumps when writing in external storage
Hi everyone,

First of all, I've posted the same topic in serverfault
<https://serverfault.com/questions/1070769/rsyslog-seems-to-be-triggering-sdhci-dumps-when-writing-in-external-storage?noredirect=1#comment1398033_1070769>,
however I'm not getting much help from there as you can see. The point is
that when I configure rsyslog to generate the logs in an external device
I'm having problems with the shdci driver, you can see the rsyslog config
here <https://jfernandz.me/~wyre/rsyslog.conf>, where `/data/logs` is a
folder in the external drive (SD card) like `lsblk -f` output
<https://jfernandz.me/~wyre/lsblk.txt> shows. Then you can see those `SDHCI
REGISTER DUMP` in the dmesg <https://jfernandz.me/~wyre/dmesg.log>.

The most weird thing I can see is that the SDHCI dump is for mmc1 while
external SD card is listed by the kernel as mmc0.

What do you think about the possibility this is a kernel bug? You can see
someone in serverfault suggesting that it could be related to this
<https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-mmc/patch/20181130150028.732896d8@xdu1-mobl/>
.

Best Regards.

*Javier Fernández Aparicio*

*DevOps Engineer*

Headquarters - Paseo Castellana, 200 - SPACES - Madrid 28046 ES

Labs - Calle Innovación, 17 - Getafe, Madrid 28906 ES

https://www.joifilabs.com/