Mailing List Archive

Send all the logs under non standard location to remote server
Hi,
Can someone let me know how can I update /etc/rsyslog.conf file to send all the logs under /etc/apache2/logs/domlogs/* to remote server?

The client is Oracle Linux 7.x and I am using rsyslog-8.24.0-57.el7_9.x86_64.

Thanks!

-Ren
Re: Send all the logs under non standard location to remote server [ In reply to ]
rsyslog v8.24 is a redhat fork of the rsyslog codebase from about 5 years ago,
so our ability to support it is limited, and there is a LOT of stuff added since
then. It would be best if you can upgrade to a current version (v8.2106 is
current, the numbering scheme changed at what would have been 8.40 in 2019 to
give you an idea of how long ago)

you will want to use imfile to read the logs, at which point they can be sent to
the remote server, you would need to think about how you want the data to show
up on that remote server (same filenames? other organization) and then have a
way to include the info needed for those destinations in the log message you
send (possibly by structuring the message as JSON so you can include additional
metadata easily)

David Lang