Mailing List Archive

rsyslog showing error "gnutls returned error on handshake: Could not negotiate a supported cipher suite. [v8.24.0 try http://www.rsyslog.com/e/2083 ]" for DHE-RSA cipher suites
Hi Team,

I am using rsyslog to capture syslog messages, for some DHE ciphers I am
getting error "gnutls returned error on handshake: Could not negotiate a
supported cipher suite. [v8.24.0 try http://www.rsyslog.com/e/2083 ]"

*Ciphers for which rsyslog is working*

rsa-with-aes-128-cbc-sha

rsa-with-aes-128-cbc-sha256

rsa-with-aes-128-gcm-sha256

rsa-with-aes-256-cbc-sha

rsa-with-aes-256-cbc-sha256

rsa-with-aes-256-gcm-sha384

*Ciphers for which rsyslog showing error* "gnutls returned error on
handshake: Could not negotiate a supported cipher suite. [v8.24.0 try
http://www.rsyslog.com/e/2083 ]"

dhe-rsa-with-aes-128-cbc-sha

dhe-rsa-with-aes-128-cbc-sha256

dhe-rsa-with-aes-128-gcm-sha256

dhe-rsa-with-aes-256-cbc-sha

dhe-rsa-with-aes-256-cbc-sha256

*Rsyslog version*

rsyslogd -v

rsyslogd 8.24.0, compiled with:

PLATFORM: x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu

PLATFORM (lsb_release -d):

FEATURE_REGEXP: Yes

GSSAPI Kerberos 5 support: Yes

FEATURE_DEBUG (debug build, slow code): No

32bit Atomic operations supported: Yes

64bit Atomic operations supported: Yes

memory allocator: system default

Runtime Instrumentation (slow code): No

uuid support: Yes

Number of Bits in RainerScript integers: 64

See http://www.rsyslog.com for more information.

*gnutls-cli -v*

gnutls-cli 3.3.26

Copyright (C) 2000-2017 Free Software Foundation, and others, all rights
reserved.

This is free software. It is licensed for use, modification and

redistribution under the terms of the GNU General Public License,

version 3 or later http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html

Please send bug reports to: bugs@gnutls.org

*gnutls-serv -v*

gnutls-serv 3.3.26

Copyright (C) 2000-2017 Free Software Foundation, and others, all rights
reserved.

This is free software. It is licensed for use, modification and

redistribution under the terms of the GNU General Public License,

version 3 or later http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html

Please send bug reports to: bugs@gnutls.org

*openssl version*

OpenSSL 1.0.2k-fips 26 Jan 2017

I could authenticate with gnutls-serv and openssl with same certificates
but rsyslog shows error.

Could you please let me know the reason and help me in resolving the issue?

Thanks,
Rajiv
8.24 is a very old version at this point, and there has been a lot of work in
this area in the last year. you are probably actually running the redhat fork of
8.24 with some backports added.

please either contact RedHat for support of your forked version up update to a
current (8.21xx) version that the community can support.

David Lang