Mailing List Archive

too many tcp sessions - dropping incoming request -- help!!!
Hi,

Our syslog server is spammed by following messages, can someone help on how to check and increase the tcp sessions for rsyslog?

rsyslogd: too many tcp sessions - dropping incoming request [v8.24.0-57.el7_9 try http://www.rsyslog.com/e/2079 ]

we are running rsyslog-8.24.0-57 on Linux 7

here is what /etc/rsyslog.conf file:

$ActionFileDefaultTemplate RSYSLOG_FileFormat

$IncludeConfig /etc/rsyslog.d/*.conf

$DefaultNetstreamDriver gtls

$DefaultNetstreamDriverCAFile /etc/pki/tls/private/ca.pem
$DefaultNetstreamDriverCertFile /etc/pki/tls/private/rslserver-cert.pem
$DefaultNetstreamDriverKeyFile /etc/pki/tls/private/rslserver-key.pem

$ModLoad imtcp

$InputTCPServerStreamDriverAuthMode anon
$InputTCPServerStreamDriverMode 1

$ActionSendStreamDriverAuthMode x509/name
$ActionSendStreamDriverPermittedPeer *.stanford.edu
$ActionSendStreamDriverMode 1

$InputTCPServerRun 10514

$WorkDirectory /var/lib/rsyslog
#$ActionFileDefaultTemplate RSYSLOG_TraditionalFileFormat
#$OmitLocalLogging on
$IMJournalStateFile imjournal.state

$MaxOpenFiles 2048

Thanks!

-Ren
Re: too many tcp sessions - dropping incoming request -- help!!! [ In reply to ]
You can specify the max number of sessions via
$InputTCPMaxSessions

see: https://www.rsyslog.com/doc/v8-stable/configuration/modules/imtcp.html

Beware: this doc is for the current versions. Your's is several years
outdated, but this setting should work in any case.

HTH
Rainer