Hello

I am using omprog, to send logs to my script:

mail.* action(type="omprog" binary="/usr/bin/blacklist.py ... )

If my script generates errors, where can I see these errors? I looked in
my main syslog log file, but there is nothing.

I can run my script from commandline, and see the error, but not when it
is run by syslog.

thanks,

Re: errors from omprog script [ In reply to ]
You can use the 'output' setting of the omprog action (see details in the
reference doc). Or, you can make your program write its own log files.

Re: errors from omprog script [ In reply to ]
The python script should trap its own stderr (and/or stdout) and write it to a separate file.

Re: errors from omprog script [ In reply to ]
> On 2021-01-15 19:57, John Chivian wrote:
> The python script should trap its own stderr (and/or stdout) and write it to a separate file.

but what if there is syntax error in my script?
Where can I see this error?

thanks,
Re: errors from omprog script [ In reply to ]
Normally you should test your script independently before integrating it
with rsyslog, it's far easier. Anyway, the output setting will also capture
these kind of errors.

On Sat, Jan 16, 2021, 04:18 Fourhundred Thecat via rsyslog <