Mailing List Archive

getting error on IncludeConfig
Seeing errors
rsyslogd: error during parsing file /etc/rsyslog.d/lin/03-main-queue.conf,
on or before line 2: invalid character '$' in object definition - is there
an invalid escape sequence somewhere? [v8.1901.0 try
https://www.rsyslog.com/e/2207 ]
rsyslogd: error during parsing file /etc/rsyslog.d/lin/03-main-queue.conf,
on or before line 2: invalid character '/' in object definition - is there
an invalid escape sequence somewhere? [v8.1901.0 try
https://www.rsyslog.com/e/2207 ]
rsyslogd: error during parsing file /etc/rsyslog.d/lin/03-main-queue.conf,
on or before line 2: syntax error on token 'etc' [v8.1901.0 try
https://www.rsyslog.com/e/2207 ]

on file
# ls -la lin/03-main-queue.conf
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 27 Dec 8 09:30 lin/03-main-queue.conf ->
../host/lin/main-queue.conf
where the file contains
# cat host/lin/main-queue.conf
$IncludeConfig /etc/rsyslog.d/global/includes/target-main.inc
$IncludeConfig /etc/rsyslog.d/lin/includes/queue-lin-size-small.inc
$IncludeConfig /etc/rsyslog.d/lin/includes/queue-lin-disk-1k-small.inc
)
and all configuration parts are accessible and formatted properly.

Change of host/lin/main-queue.conf to contain content of all the parts in
the file is an workaround for the issue.

What can be the root cause for this issue? Is there any limitation in
nesting of IncludeConfig?

Running Debian10 with rsyslog 8.1901.0-1.

--
Peter
Re: getting error on IncludeConfig [ In reply to ]
start rsyslog with -o /path/to/new/file and post the config file it produces.

This is a fairly recent option and it outputs the config file as rsyslog sees it
(with original comments stripped out), so it makes it easier to see what rsyslog
is looking at to find the problem.

David Lang

Re: getting error on IncludeConfig [ In reply to ]
It is bug of main_queue() not supporting division into more files. Calling
action() does support it.
Opened bug report: https://github.com/rsyslog/rsyslog/issues/4484

--
Peter