Mailing List Archive

Logging to remote server stops
I’m having an issue where my remote logging stops. It will only continue again after I send lots of messages, so I’m thinking this is somehow queing related. Other than mixing legacy and new syntax, is there anything obvious here that would cause me to go radio silent until I’ve generated thousands of messages? I see my queue file gets pretty big (over 300k)

This is rsyslog 8.2010 on both client and server.

This was working before on an earlier 8.x release.

Here’s my client rsyslog:

$DefaultNetStreamDriverCAFile /etc/ca.pem

$DefaultNetStreamDriver gtls
$ActionSendStreamDriverMode 1
$ActionSendStreamDriverAuthMode anon

$WorkDirectory /opt/log/queue

$ActionQueueDequeueBatchSize 256
$ActionQueueDequeueSlowdown 1000
$ActionQueueType LinkedList
$ActionQueueFileName rsyslog-fwd
$ActionResumeRetryCount -1
$ActionQueueSaveOnShutdown on
$ActionQueueMaxDiskSpace 8192k

# UDP transport for Open Remote Controller logs
module(load="imudp")

input(type="imudp" address="localhost" port="514" ratelimit.burst="400" ratelimit.interval="5")

$ModLoad imklog

$klogConsoleLogLevel 1

$ModLoad imuxsock

$SystemLogRateLimitInterval 5