Mailing List Archive

lmnsd_gmtls related error
Hi Folks,

I have compiled rsyslogd from source along with all its dependencies but
while using TLS to send the syslog messages to another rsyslog server I get
the below
error

Nov 12 08:41:28 10 syslog: could not load module
'/usr/local/lib/rsyslog/lmnsd_gtls.so', dlsym: Unable to resolve symbol
[v8.2012.0.master try https://www.rsyslog.com/e/2067 ]

The error does not print what is the function it is trying to access while
trying to load the lmnsd_gtls.so

Any idea as to which function is not getting resolved?

This is a small embedded arm system (code has been cross compiled to 32 bit
arm)

LD_LIBRARY_PATH is set to access all so files.

/bin # ls /etc/*.pem
/etc/ca.pem /etc/rslclient-cert.pem /etc/rslclient-key.pem

/bin # ls *.so
imklog.so imudp.so imuxsock.so libgnutls.so libnettle.so
lmnetstrms.so lmnsd_ptcp.so lmtcpsrv.so
imtcp.so imuklog.so libgmp.so libhogweed.so lmnet.so
lmnsd_gtls.so lmtcpclt.so lmzlibw.so

/bin # ls rsyslogd
rsyslogd

bin # ls /usr/local/lib/rsyslog/
lmnsd_gnutls.so lmnsd_gtls.so

The rsyslogd is supposed to act as a UDP server and TCL TLS client both at
the same time.
i.e. record all syslog messages to /var/log/messages and at the same time
forward it to remote
SERVER.EXAMPLE.COM port 10514 for remote TLS based logging.

/bin # cat /etc/rsyslog.conf
# rsyslog v5 configuration file

# For more information see /usr/share/doc/rsyslog-*/rsyslog_conf.html
# If you experience problems, see
http://www.rsyslog.com/doc/troubleshoot.html

#### MODULES ####

$ModLoad imuxsock # provides support for local system logging (e.g. via
logger command)
$ModLoad imklog # provides kernel logging support (previously done by
rklogd)
#$ModLoad immark # provides --MARK-- message capability

# Provides UDP syslog reception
$ModLoad imudp
$UDPServerRun 514

# Provides TCP syslog reception
#$ModLoad imtcp
#$InputTCPServerRun 514

#global(debug.gnutls="10" debug.logFile="/rsyslog_debug")

$DefaultNetstreamDriverCAFile /etc/ca.pem
$DefaultNetstreamDriver gtls

$DefaultNetstreamDriverCertFile /etc/rslclient-cert.pem
$DefaultNetstreamDriverKeyFile /etc/rslclient-key.pem

$ActionSendStreamDriverPermittedPeer SERVER.EXAMPLE.COM
$ActionSendStreamDriverMode 1 # run driver in TLS-only mode
$ActionSendStreamDriverAuthMode anon

#### GLOBAL DIRECTIVES ####

# Use default timestamp format
$ActionFileDefaultTemplate RSYSLOG_TraditionalFileFormat

# File syncing capability is disabled by default. This feature is usually
not required,
# not useful and an extreme performance hit
#$ActionFileEnableSync on

# Include all config files in /etc/rsyslog.d/
$IncludeConfig /etc/rsyslog.d/*.conf

#### RULES ####

# Log all kernel messages to the console.
# Logging much else clutters up the screen.
#kern.* /dev/console

# Log anything (except mail) of level info or higher.
# Don't log private authentication messages!
*.info;mail.none;authpriv.none;cron.none /var/log/messages

# The authpriv file has restricted access.
authpriv.* /var/log/secure

# Log all the mail messages in one place.
mail.* -/var/log/maillog

# Log cron stuff
cron.* /var/log/cron

# Everybody gets emergency messages
#*.emerg *

# Save news errors of level crit and higher in a special file.
uucp,news.crit /var/log/spooler

# Save boot messages also to boot.log
local7.* /var/log/boot.log

*.* @@SERVER.EXAMPLE.COM:10514

# ### begin forwarding rule ###
# The statement between the begin ... end define a SINGLE forwarding
# rule. They belong together, do NOT split them. If you create multiple
# forwarding rules, duplicate the whole block!
# Remote Logging (we use TCP for reliable delivery)
#
# An on-disk queue is created for this action. If the remote host is
# down, messages are spooled to disk and sent when it is up again.
#$WorkDirectory /var/lib/rsyslog # where to place spool files
#$ActionQueueFileName fwdRule1 # unique name prefix for spool files
#$ActionQueueMaxDiskSpace 1g # 1gb space limit (use as much as possible)
#$ActionQueueSaveOnShutdown on # save messages to disk on shutdown
#$ActionQueueType LinkedList # run asynchronously
#$ActionResumeRetryCount -1 # infinite retries if host is down
# remote host is: name/ip:port, e.g. 192.168.0.1:514, port optional
#*.* @@remote-host:514
# ### end of the forwarding rule ###

--
Sent from: http://rsyslog-users.1305293.n2.nabble.com/
Re: lmnsd_gmtls related error [ In reply to ]
Anyone .. please?
Need the rsyslog client (on ARM 32 bit) to rsyslog server (x64) with GTLS
working but am stuck with the TLS issue (dlsym - symbol not found)

Re: lmnsd_gmtls related error [ In reply to ]
Figured it out myself.
The libgnutls.so was not linked to the lmnsd_gtls.so (to rsyslogd) and
hence the symbol error