Mailing List Archive

correct way to redirect log messages to STDOUT
working in a container env, the ask is to have a single rsyslog process "concentrate" logs from disparate processes and spit them out to STDOUT.

what's the *right way* to do this?

Re: correct way to redirect log messages to STDOUT [ In reply to ]
use omstdout

HTH
Rainer

Re: correct way to redirect log messages to STDOUT [ In reply to ]
On 27.08.20 08:28, Rainer Gerhards via rsyslog wrote:
> use omstdout

Is it ready to be used in real deployments?
The statement below does not create a high trust that the module
will be maintained very well.

https://www.rsyslog.com/doc/v8-stable/configuration/modules/omstdout.html

"Please note we do not put too much effort on the quality of this
module as we do not expect it to be used in real deployments."

Regards

> HTH
> Rainer

Aleks

Re: correct way to redirect log messages to STDOUT [ In reply to ]
I thought I had corrected that statement a while ago - will check.

But, yes, it is safe.

Rainer