Mailing List Archive

Antwort: Re: Antwort: Local logging gets disabled when the connection to syslog server breaks.
Dear Pratik Rana

> The workaround suggested by you worked!!

Glad I could help.

> local logging using the logger command. However it would be really
> helpfull if you could explain the reason behind this as well

Unfortunately I can't really explain that as I don't have a deep
knowlegde of rsyslog. But I had to read a lot of documentation about
rsyslog and that is how I understood it is supposed to be done.

> also after shutting down the syslog service at server, i can see
> following message at client side, i think they are general retry
> message to try rebuilding the connection with server:

Yes, as far as I know those messages are normal when the remote server is
not
reachable. Once you start the remote server again you should get a log
message
that the operation (i.e. forwarding of logs) was resumed.

Best,
Cyril
--
Universit?t Z?rich