Mailing List Archive

Idiots' guide to TLS/TCP and cert creation
Hi,

I've set up RELP and plain TCP 514 successfully many times, but every time in the past I failed with TLS/TCP ,and luckily the requirements were dropped a while later. However, I've just been asked to add TLS/TCP rsyslog for McAfee AV to send it's events to, and this requirement won't go away. I can use self-signed certificates because we shan't need a CA.

Is there a simple guide to configuring rsyslog to listen with TLS/TCP: 10514, and plain TCP: 514 including the openssl certs?

Fingers crossed.

Best,
Sophie
The views expressed are purely those of the writer and may not in any circumstances be regarded as stating an official position of the EEAS. This message is intended solely for the person to whom it is addressed. It may contain privileged and confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient you must not read, copy, distribute or discuss or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received this message in error, please notify me as soon as possible on the above telephone number or by email. Le pr?sent e-mail est r?serv? ? son destinataire. Il peut contenir des informations confidentielles. Si vous n'en ?tes pas le destinataire, vous n'?tes pas autoris? ? le lire, ? le copier, ? le diffuser ou ? le commenter, ni ? vous y r?f?rer ? quelque fin que ce soit. Si vous l'avez re?u par erreur, veuillez m'en avertir dans les meilleurs d?lais, par t?l?phone au num?ro indiqu? ci-dessus o? par email. Les avis exprim?s n'engagent que leur auteur et ne peuvent en aucun cas ?tre consid?r?s comme une position officielle du SEAE.