Mailing List Archive

rsyslog not working in RHEL 7.7
Hi,

We are using rsyslog to write application log .

It was working fine with RHEL 7.6 but is currently not working on RHEL 7.7.

Any update is required?

rsyslog-8.24.0-38.el7.x86_64

openjdk version "1.8.0_252"

Br,

*VBS*

--
Thanks And Best Regards
VeeraBhadra Swamy n.B
Re: rsyslog not working in RHEL 7.7 [ In reply to ]
8.24 is about 4 years old now, the version shipped with RHEL contains some
backports by redhat, but is not community supported. If you want to stick with
that version you will have to contact redhat for support, otherwise upgrade to a
current version of rsyslog.

David Lang

Re: rsyslog not working in RHEL 7.7 [ In reply to ]
Hi,

What "currently not working" mean ? Do you have some errors ?

Regards

Benoit

--
Benoit DOLEZ
GSM: +33 6 21 05 91 69 mailto:bdolez@ant-computing.com

Re: rsyslog not working in RHEL 7.7 [ In reply to ]
This is most likely something else (like your client), maybe upgrade to
7.8. rsyslog is such an integral part of the distribution that some
defect would be noticed immediately. Furthermore this would then also be
more something you need to report to their bug tracker.