Mailing List Archive

Rsyslog receiver and forwarder via multiple certificates
Hello,
I have a question to ask:

I have an rsyslog server that will have to be both a receiver and a transmitter.
At the moment my rsyslog send sends the system logs in TLS via the certificate (A) to an rsyslog receiver (A) in TCP.
In the future he will have to receive other logs from a client (B) and keep them in local files (all via TLS with another certificate (B))
Furthermore, the logs received from the client (B) must be sent to another client (C) via the certificate (B)

I try to make a pattern ????
my_RSYSLOG with certificate (A) [send ->] other rsyslog via certificate (A)
Client with certificate (B) [send ->] my_RSYSLOG with Certificate (B)
my_RSYSLOG with certificate (B) [send ->] other rsyslog client (C) via certificate (B)

What is the correct configuration to manage different certificates for log entry and exit?

It is correct the following configuration?
ACTUAL RSYSLOG.CONF:
$ InputTCPServerStreamDriverMode 1
$ InputTCPServerStreamDriverAuthMode anon
$ DefaultNetstreamDriver gtls
# certificate files
$ DefaultNetstreamDriverCAFile /etc/rsyslog-ssl/CAcertificate(A).pem
$ DefaultNetstreamDriverCertFile /etc/rsyslog-ssl/certificate(A).pem
$ DefaultNetstreamDriverKeyFile /etc/rsyslog-ssl/key(A).pem
auth, authpriv. * @@ rsyslog_receiver (A): 1234
=======================================
Hypothesis: (/etc/rsyslog.d/file_receive_and_forward.conf)
$ RemoteTCP2001 template, “/ path / to / log / aaaaaa.log”
$ RuleSet RemoteTCP2001
*. * -? RemoteTCP2001
$ InputTCPServerBindRuleset RemoteTCP2001
$ InputTCPServerRun 2001
/path/to/log/aaaaaa.log action (
type = “omfwd”
queue.type = “LinkedList”
action.resumeRetryCount = “- 1”
queue.saveOnShutdown = “on”
queue.filename = “rsyslog_backup”
queue.size = “10000000”
queue.dequeueSlowDown = “1000”
target = “CLIENT (C)”
port = “3001”
protocol = “tcp”
StreamDriver = “GTLS”
StreamDriverMode = “1”
StreamDriverAuthMode = “x509 / name”
StreamDriverPermittedPeers = “*”
tls.cacert = “/ etc / rsyslog-ssl / caCertificate (B) .pem”
tls.mycert = “/ etc / rsyslog-ssl / certificate (B) .pem”
tls.myprivkey = “/ etc / rsyslog-ssl / key (B) .pem”
)
… and so on for the other logs …
Re: Rsyslog receiver and forwarder via multiple certificates [ In reply to ]
Currently rsyslog does not support more than one encryption setting (including
certificates).

This is a known issue waiting work (sponsoring work could get this done faster)

David Lang

Re: Rsyslog receiver and forwarder via multiple certificates [ In reply to ]
We accomplish this with multiple instances of rsyslog, each with its own
certificate set.

Regards,

Re: Rsyslog receiver and forwarder via multiple certificates [ In reply to ]
In your opinion it is possible to apply solution described in this link?
https://twitter.com/alistek/status/945731159522267136 <https://twitter.com/alistek/status/945731159522267136>

Maybe work?

Thanks in advance!
Marco