Mailing List Archive

How to configure to use SSL elasticsearch?
Hi,

I successfully used rsyslog with elasticsearch, but because it was only for
testing, I did not use https and ssl.
Now I installed the opendistro version of elasticsearch. This ships some
example certificates.

I've set usehttps="on", but due to my lack of certificates knowledge, I am
not sure which files of the demo certificates to use.

I tried some combinations of tls.mycert, tls.cacert and tls.myprivkey, but
if I trie to send a message to elasticsearch, the status of the rsyslog
service either shows an "Empty reply from server" error, or a "Could not
parse JSON result" error...

Does somebody here use the same setup and can give me some pointers on how
to use the demo certificates that opendistro shipped?

Thanks!

--
Sent from: http://rsyslog-users.1305293.n2.nabble.com/
Re: How to configure to use SSL elasticsearch? [ In reply to ]
I have not used the module myself, but I think you just need to put
the components into the right config parmater. If you do not know what
private key etc is, I suggest to contact your certificate issuer for
assistance.

Rainer