Mailing List Archive

Rsyslog hanging for network requests
I'm requesting help with a recurring issue we're having with rsyslog. We
are sending logs from multiple client hosts to a single remote host over
TLS. Every 5-7 days, the logs stop transferring to the remote host for
about 2-3 days, then they start sending again. I couldn't find anything in
the system logs indicating any sort of error that corresponds with the
timing of the gaps in the logs. If we observe that rsyslog is in the
hanging state, we can force start the logs by deleting all of the
imfile-state files on the client and restarting rsyslog.

All of our hosts are running RHEL7. Here is the rsyslog version:

$ rsyslogd -v
rsyslogd 8.24.0-41.el7_7, compiled with:
PLATFORM: x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu
PLATFORM (lsb_release -d):
FEATURE_REGEXP: Yes
GSSAPI Kerberos 5 support: Yes
FEATURE_DEBUG (debug build, slow code): No
32bit Atomic operations supported: Yes
64bit Atomic operations supported: Yes
memory allocator: system default
Runtime Instrumentation (slow code): No
uuid support: Yes
Number of Bits in RainerScript integers: 64

I can send configuration or debug logs as needed. I do have one debug log
that was recorded during the hanging state. Any assistance would be
appreciated!