I am currently filtering firewall connection events. The Source IP (sort
-u) of those events is extracted and saved in a log-file (so once in a
while another IP is added).
I would like to check if another connection event contains one of those
unique IP-Adresses.

Is this doable with rsyslog or should I write a shell script to change
the rsyslog-config whenever "SRC_IP.log" was edited?

Happy New Year and best regards
Re: Compare constantly changing Array of IPs with rsyslog [ In reply to ]
This might help...

https://www.rsyslog.com/doc/v8-stable/configuration/lookup_tables.html

Regards,

Re: Compare constantly changing Array of IPs with rsyslog [ In reply to ]
Yep, this is one of the use cases that we had in mind when we designed the
lookup tables.

David Lang

Re: Compare constantly changing Array of IPs with rsyslog [ In reply to ]
Thank you very much for your help David.
I am fairly inexperienced regarding rsyslog but it's an exciting topic
and I'll try my best to improve :)

To be honest, I read the Article about lookup tables before I wrote the
question, but I didn't realize its potential and that it's exactly what
I would need. (won't happen again)
Of course I blame the lack of coffee and sleep...

Best regards

Re: Compare constantly changing Array of IPs with rsyslog [ In reply to ]
the only bad question is the one not asked :-)

David Lang