Mailing List Archive

working now, maybe
Looks like I got it working. It backgrounded just fine and it did a few inserts. I did the -d and found the problem. It didn't like the line without the semi-colon at the end. I put the semi-colon and it's working. Now I just need to know how to run it at boot. Can you tell me precisely how to enter the SIGUSR1 command. I'm trying to get it to log more stuff, but there may be a problem. Will advise.

*.* >mysql.carcass.us,syslog,syslog,syslog;
working now, maybe [ In reply to ]
Dennis,

the config error reporting is weak in this release ;) (soon to be done).
Regarding the boot under BSD... I will fire up my machine soon and see
how I addressed id. On Debian, I have included it in the rc.d sequence -
maybe this helps to get you going...

Regarding the SIGUSR1. Do a ps -ef|grep syslog - this will show you the
pid (and also if any other syslogd is running - sometimes happend to
foolish me ;)). do a "kill -USR1 <pid>". That will do the trick.

Rainer