http://www.rsyslog.com/Downloads-req-getit-lid-53.phtml

As always feedback is appreciated.

Michael Meckelein
rsyslog 1.19.1 released [ In reply to ]
On 2007-08-22, Michael Meckelein <mmeckelein at hq.adiscon.com> wrote:

> rsyslog 1.19.1 has been released today. This is a cleanup and bug fixing
> release. It fixes a bug which can lead to a high load closing a remote
> connection. A potential sefault on reinit was fixed as well as some
> other bugs. Further the unloading of modules was enhanced. Especially
> the MySQL output module has been optimized.

FYI: this seems to make mysql mandatory for building rsyslog, as the
output module is built even if I specify --disable-mysql.

-jf
rsyslog 1.19.1 released [ In reply to ]
That's a good point. Probably we need a separate make target. The
--disable-mysql switch should go away in the not so distant future. The
reason is that core rsyslog does no longer support MySQL at all - it is
a separate module that does. However, so it should compile without mysql
dev libs, of course. I think a separate make target for the plugin is
probably the best to do.

Rainer

rsyslog 1.19.1 released [ In reply to ]
Hi Rainer,

> That's a good point. Probably we need a separate make target. The
> --disable-mysql switch should go away in the not so distant future. The
> reason is that core rsyslog does no longer support MySQL at all - it
> is a separate module that does. However, so it should compile
> without mysql dev libs, of course. I think a separate make target
> for the plugin is probably the best to do.

This will be good, as I can then create a spec file with a variable the user
can set (0 or 1) whether they want the mysql rpm built or not.

I can do this now in the specs I make available in the wiki, but with the
necessity to require mysql to build anyway I saw no point in doing that.

Regards,

Michael.

------- End of Original Message -------
rsyslog 1.19.1 released [ In reply to ]
Michael,

As I've written in the other post, that'll probably happen next week
(Because I can not access the code right now). But possibly some other
folks pick it up an fix it ;)

Rainer