Mailing List Archive

Development updates
Good day all,

Just made a small update to ripMIME development to handle a new header-mangling issue.

I was sent an email that contained headers that looked like:

22 MIME-Version: 1.0
23 Content-Type: multipart/mixed;
24 boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0001_01C43D85.AF2B9430"

...and...

42 Content-Type: text/xml;
43 name="yxnjjhyk.xml"

For those who can't see what's wrong there, the headers are folded but they folded part lacks the leading space (line
24 and line 43), this causes a lot of MUA's to not unfold those headers.

The latest ripMIME 1.4-dev has a new function called 'MIMEH_fix_header_mixtakes()' which looks for these situations and
tries to fix them.

This facility can be turned off using --disable-header-fix, though in my testing so far having the header-fix enabled
(as default) doesn't affect the decode quality.

http://pldaniels.com/ripmime/ripmime-1.4.dev.tar.gz

Paul.

--
PLDaniels Software - http://pldaniels.com - Email content filtering