Mailing List Archive

How to know what are the extracted files ?
Dear all,

I'm able to extract the files from a mailpack without any problem.
However, I haven't found an easy way to know what are the extracted
files (I'd like to retrieve the list of the extracted files).

Is there an option so ripmime echo the files it has created ?
something like:
$ ripmime -i mail -d /tmp --no-nameless --TheMagicOptionIHaventSeen
firstattachement.jpg
secondfileattached.pdf
?

What's would be the best way of doing that ?

Thanks in advance,

Xavier

P.S. On my google quest, here's what I found so far:

1) Simscan (if I understood properly) extracts the files into a tmp
folder, list it and consider than all the files into the folder have
been extracted from the current mailpack

Is this the correct way of doing it ? Wouldn't be possible than
several ripmime runs simultaneoulsy on several mails, and hence screw
everything ?

2) When I run a rip -v, it displays the filename as set in the mail:
"Decoding filename=attachement.jpg"
however, that's isn't always the name of the file created by ripmime.

Re: How to know what are the extracted files ? [ In reply to ]
Hello Xavier,

> I'm able to extract the files from a mailpack without any problem.
> However, I haven't found an easy way to know what are the extracted
> files (I'd like to retrieve the list of the extracted files).

Currently there isn't a "post decode" filelist dump - though that is an option planned to be added.

> folder, list it and consider than all the files into the folder have
> been extracted from the current mailpack

This would currently be the most applicable method.

> several ripmime runs simultaneoulsy on several mails, and hence screw
> everything ?

Typically you should be extracting each email into a unique/temporary directory and cleaning up afterwards.

> 2) When I run a rip -v, it displays the filename as set in the mail:
> "Decoding filename=attachement.jpg"
> however, that's isn't always the name of the file created by ripmime.

Do you have an example mailpack exhibiting this issue? If so, could I get a copy (bzip2 it and send it to
mailpacks [at]/@ pldaniels.com )

Regards
Paul.

--