Mailing List Archive

brancid patch for uptime
I'm running rancid 2.2b7 to get config info from Bay routers running
assorted versions of BayRS. It works fine for the version 12 boxen,
but the version 14 boxen include uptime info in the config.

Here's a patch:

*** brancid.dist Tue Sep 25 16:54:22 2001
--- brancid Tue Sep 25 21:14:40 2001
***************
*** 140,145 ****
--- 140,146 ----
last if (/^$prompt/);
next if (/^(\s*|\s*$cmd\s*)$/);
next if (/^Reading configuration information/);
+ next if (/^\# *uptime +\d+\s*$/);
if (/community label /) {
if (defined($ENV{'NOCOMMSTR'})) {
$_ =~ s/community label .*$/community label
<removed>/;

While poking in brancid, I noticed a comment that says there is no
equivalent to enable for Bay routers. AFAIK, BayRS has a "system"
command that lets you go from User to Manager. This doesn't seem to
affect anything, though.

- Morty