Mailing List Archive

Extreme VSP (Avaya) and ERS (Bay Networks)
Setting up a new instance of RANCiD for an Extreme environment of Avaya VSP4Ks and BayStack ERS (Edge Routing Switch) 49xx.

The "extreme" xlogin.appears to be targeted for EXOS devices so it doesn't behave any differently than clogin.

Starting with the VSP, I can get this command to work -- dumps the full config without paging:

/usr/local/rancid/bin/clogin -u rancid -p ******** -c "enable; terminal more disable; show run" [ip address]

But when I just do "show run" I get this:

[ip address]
spawn ssh -x -l rancid [ip address]

Using security software from Mocana Corporation. Please visit https://www.mocana.com/ for more information

Copyright(c) 2010-2022 Extreme Networks.
All Rights Reserved.
Virtual Services Platform 7200
VSP Operating System Software Build 8.8.1.0
General Availability Released Software, Fully supported

This product is protected by one or more US patents listed at http://www.extremenetworks.com/patents along with their foreign counterparts.

EXTREME NETWORKS VOSS COMMAND LINE INTERFACE

rancid@[ip address]'s password:

VSP7254:1>
VSP7254:1>terminal length 0
^
% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.
VSP7254:1>terminal width 132
^
% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.
VSP7254:1>terminal more disable
VSP7254:1> show run
^
% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.
VSP7254:1>exit

I know I need to "enable" but the autoenable flag is not working.

I think I need to setup a new type in rancid.types.conf and override some default commands like "terminal length 0" but I can't figure out how.

Is there documentation that explains how to change/override commands for different devices?

Thank you.