Mailing List Archive

Support for Coriant Groove - has been discussed on-list before
Curious if anyone out there has existing code to share for Coriant Groove
w/ RANCID.

This was discussed in the past and it appears to be working, but code
wasn't shared:

https://shrubbery.net/pipermail/rancid-discuss/2018-January/010026.html

I agree generally with the commands listed in that thread as a starting
point. I should note that `clogin` works fine, the only gotcha appears to
be that if you `exit` you get an `are you sure` prompt:

======================
me@o-g30-lab-1> exit
Are you sure? [y/n] y
Shutting down the session

Connection closed
======================

As noted in that thread, `exit -f` omits the prompt. I attempted to do a
simple fake-add of device using clogin by putting this in
rancid.types.base, but it's hung up on that part. Any way to force this,
from rancid.types.base, to send `exit -f` instead of `exit`?

If this truly requires a new actual module, what's current best practice
here - ie which is a good go-to module to copy as a base? Also, the first
command (show shelf) should probably have 'comments' prepending it, like #
or ! or something. unsure how that's accomplished

coriant;script;rancid -t coriant
coriant;login;clogin
coriant;module;ios
coriant;inloop;ios::inloop
coriant;command;ios::ShowVersion;show shelf
coriant;command;ios::WriteTerm;show config | display commands
coriant;command;ios::WriteTerm;exit -f

Thoughts?
--Chris
Re: Support for Coriant Groove - has been discussed on-list before [ In reply to ]
Digging up an old question from a few months ago - anyone have code to
share for Coriant Groove G30 support? It's as though you just have to
change `exit` to `exit -f` and adjust a few commands, but unsure the
cleanest way to achieve this.

Cheers,
Chris

Re: Support for Coriant Groove - has been discussed on-list before [ In reply to ]
I ended up doing my own thing here, using a few existing files as defaults.
Downloads and instructions here

https://falz.net/wiki/RANCID_for_Infinera_Coriant_Groove

Feel free to add to source to keep things more clean if desired - willing
to do any further testing for 'cleanliness'