Hi list,
I have a Aruba JL581A HPE Aruba 8320 Switch running ArubaOS-CX TL.10.04.2000. At the moment it seems like there is no support for this OS in rancid? Is there any plan to support it or has anyone out there managed to make their own custom login script?

Best regards Viktor
Re: Support for new OS (HP) ArubaOS-CX [ In reply to ]
Interest here, but not been able to get development time to look at it.

Jethro.

On Wed, 5 May 2021, Viktor Svanstr?m wrote:

> Hi list,
> I have a Aruba JL581A HPE Aruba 8320 Switch running ArubaOS-CX TL.10.04.2000. At the moment it seems like there is no support for this OS in rancid? Is there any plan to support it or has anyone out there managed to make their own custom login script?
>
> Best regards Viktor

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jethro R Binks, Network Manager,
Information Services Directorate, University Of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK

The University of Strathclyde is a charitable body, registered in
Scotland, number SC015263.
Re: Support for new OS (HP) ArubaOS-CX [ In reply to ]
Hello,

Ref: https://www.shrubbery.net/pipermail/rancid-discuss/2021-May/011036.html
Ref: https://www.shrubbery.net/pipermail/rancid-discuss/2021-May/011038.html

I found some time to take a look at this.

Note that this is for ArubaOS-CX, not ArubaOS (which is what Provision on newer products is now referred to as), nor AOS (which is the wireless controller OS: see here https://github.com/miken32/rancid-aruba).

You can find my current effort here: https://gist.github.com/jrbinks/c28691f11238c23432394302a948900b

Looking to get a real-world feedback for it, then can hand it over for inclusion.

It uses the usual clogin as the login script.

You will need something like the following in .cloginrc:

add password routername {PLACEHOLDER-NOTUSED}
add identity routername {~/.ssh/id_rancid}
add user routername rancid
add method routername {ssh}
add noenable routername 1
add cyphertype routername {aes128-ctr}

As far as I can see, you have to have your user in the administrators group.

And in rancid.types.conf you might want something like:

arubaoscx;script;rancid -t arubaoscx
arubaoscx;login;clogin
arubaoscx;module;arubaoscx
arubaoscx;inloop;arubaoscx::inloop
arubaoscx;command;rancid::RunCommand;no page
# system commands
arubaoscx;command;arubaoscx::CommentOutput;show system
arubaoscx;command;arubaoscx::CommentOutput;show version
arubaoscx;command;arubaoscx::CommentOutput;show images
# hardware commands
arubaoscx;command;arubaoscx::CommentOutput;show module
arubaoscx;command;arubaoscx::CommentOutput;show environment power-supply
arubaoscx;command;arubaoscx::CommentOutput;show environment power-redundancy
arubaoscx;command;arubaoscx::CommentOutput;show environment fan
arubaoscx;command;arubaoscx::CommentOutput;show environment temperature
arubaoscx;command;arubaoscx::CommentOutput;show environment led
arubaoscx;command;arubaoscx::CommentOutput;show interface transceiver
# system state commands
arubaoscx;command;arubaoscx::CommentOutput;show vsx brief
arubaoscx;command;arubaoscx::CommentOutput;show vsx status
arubaoscx;command;arubaoscx::CommentOutput;show vsx config-consistency
arubaoscx;command;arubaoscx::CommentOutput;show vsx lacp configuration
arubaoscx;command;arubaoscx::CommentOutput;show vsf
arubaoscx;command;arubaoscx::CommentOutput;show vsf detail
arubaoscx;command;arubaoscx::CommentOutput;show vsf link
arubaoscx;command;arubaoscx::CommentOutput;show vlan
arubaoscx;command;arubaoscx::CommentOutput;show ntp status
arubaoscx;command;arubaoscx::CommentOutput;show lldp neighbor-info
arubaoscx;command;arubaoscx::CommentOutput;show ip ospf
arubaoscx;command;arubaoscx::CommentOutput;show ip ospf interface
arubaoscx;command;arubaoscx::CommentOutput;show ip ospf neighbors
arubaoscx;command;arubaoscx::CommentOutput;show ip ospf statistics
arubaoscx;command;arubaoscx::CommentOutput;show bgp ipv4 unicast summary
arubaoscx;command;arubaoscx::CommentOutput;show bgp ipv6 unicast summary
arubaoscx;command;arubaoscx::ShowConfiguration;show running-config

Tested on:

Aruba JL658A 6300M
Aruba JL635A 8325-48Y8C

both version 10.5. I will upgrade a box to something more recent and re-test soon. I don't have any of the edge products to test.

Let me know how you get on and if any other commands would be useful. Also, there are probably more secrets to be hidden, if you run with filtering of passwords and community strings.

Jethro.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

________________________________
Interest here, but not been able to get development time to look at it.

Jethro.

On Wed, 5 May 2021, Viktor Svanstr?m wrote:

> Hi list,
> I have a Aruba JL581A HPE Aruba 8320 Switch running ArubaOS-CX TL.10.04.2000. At the moment it seems like there is no support for this OS in rancid? Is there any plan to support it or has anyone out there managed to make their own custom login script?
>
> Best regards Viktor

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Re: Support for new OS (HP) ArubaOS-CX [ In reply to ]
Hello,

I worked a bit more on this and have put it properly on github now:

https://github.com/jrbinks/rancid-arubaoscx

Jethro.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Jethro R Binks, Network Manager,

Information Services Directorate, University Of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK

The University of Strathclyde is a charitable body, registered in Scotland, number SC015263.

________________________________
Thanks for writing this module. It's working for us on a JL675A 6100 switch, and we've tried it on both ArubaOS-CX version PL.10.06.0110 and PL.10.09.1010.

Cheers,
A Galloway

Jethro Binks jethro.binks at strath.ac.uk <mailto:rancid-discuss%40www.shrubbery.net?Subject=Re%3A%20%5Brancid%5D%20Support%20for%20new%20OS%20%28HP%29%20ArubaOS-CX&In-Reply-To=%3CLO0P265MB589410CC5BE664ED2F61D26CB3549%40LO0P265MB5894.GBRP265.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM%3E>
Fri Jan 14 19:43:07 UTC 2022
________________________________

> [...]

Jethro.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Jethro R Binks, Network Manager,

Information Services Directorate, University Of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK

The University of Strathclyde is a charitable body, registered in Scotland, number SC015263.

Interest here, but not been able to get development time to look at it.

Jethro.

On Wed, 5 May 2021, Viktor Svanstr?m wrote:

> Hi list,
> I have a Aruba JL581A HPE Aruba 8320 Switch running ArubaOS-CX TL.10.04.2000. At the moment it seems like there is no support for this OS in rancid? Is there any plan to support it or has anyone out there managed to make their own custom login script?