Mailing List Archive

Dell N series
How can i insert dell switch into Rancid????
Re: Dell N series [ In reply to ]
> How can I insert Dell switch into Rancid?

I capture my C9010 chassis units and MXL-10/40GbE blade switches by using
model type "force10" in the router.db.

-- Scott
Re: Dell N series [ In reply to ]
Fri, Jul 01, 2022 at 11:33:42AM -0700, Scott Larsen:
> > How can I insert Dell switch into Rancid?
>
> I capture my C9010 chassis units and MXL-10/40GbE blade switches by using
> model type "force10" in the router.db.

afaik most dell are just OEMs, so various modules are used. I've commented
the rancid.types.base file with many of the dell/hp/etc models where folks
have comfirmed success.