I'm running RANCID version 3.13.

Thanks,

Karl

Re: Ignore Extreme hivemanager account [ In reply to ]
Wed, Jan 05, 2022 at 09:05:51AM -0600, Karl:
> Good morning,
>
> One of the sites where I run RANCID has Extreme switches and also has
> the ExtremeCloud IQ web-based management.? The management platform adds
> a user account called hivemanager, and it cycles (or at least
> re-encrypts) the password every so often.? A few of them every just
> about every day get a config revision from this with no other changes.?
> Is there something I can do to just leave the hivemanager line out of
> the config entirely?? Here's what it looks like.
>
> create account admin hivemanager encrypted
> "$x$xxxxxx$xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
>
> I'm running RANCID version 3.13.

Hey, please confirm that the attached patch works.
Re: Ignore Extreme hivemanager account [ In reply to ]
I think that did it.  I have this in the diff now from each one.

- create account admin hivemanager encrypted "$x$xxxxxx$xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
+ # create account admin hivemanager <key removed>

Thanks,

Karl

Re: Ignore Extreme hivemanager account [ In reply to ]
Thu, Jan 13, 2022 at 02:15:34PM -0600, Karl:
> I think that did it.? I have this in the diff now from each one.
>
> - create account admin hivemanager encrypted "$x$xxxxxx$xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
> + # create account admin hivemanager <key removed>

Toll! Thanks for confirming. I've changed the $filter_osc comparison to

https://github.com/haussli/rancid/commit/d57204a2616684c076568d55d0e3b40d9bf178be

Re: Ignore Extreme hivemanager account [ In reply to ]
Hi Karl,

On 14/1/22 04:15, Karl wrote:
> I think that did it.  I have this in the diff now from each one.
>
> - create account admin hivemanager encrypted "$x$xxxxxx$xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
> + # create account admin hivemanager <key removed>

What version of EXOS are you running on the switches? I have some X435s
running 31.3 and they don't show the hivemanager account (but it does
exist since you can see it doing things in `show cli journal`).

James Andrewartha
Network & Projects Engineer
Christ Church Grammar School
Claremont, Western Australia