Mailing List Archive

Ciena Waveserver - fluctuating power values round 2
Hi folks,

Way back in the before times, we had reported an issue where one of
the commands that RANCID runs constantly has some churn values, and to
get it filtered.

https://shrubbery.net/pipermail/rancid-discuss/2018-August/010346.html

This discussion started on list, went off-list for testing, and it seemed fixed.

I'm not sure what happened, but the issue is back. We didnt notice it
for quite some times because:

* I believe our testing was with the dev branch at the time (3.99) and
we just left it there for a while.

* Unrelated to rancid, but the system that auto creates our rancid
config file, stopped adding the waveservers to it about 6 months ago
and uhh, we didn't notice until recently.

I believe during this 6 month gap, we actually properly upgraded to
3.13, and now that we fixed item 1) above noticed the issue.

To re-summarize, the last column of this ascii cell - 'Power (W)'
always has churn, here's an example of a recent diff. This is a
subsection of the 'chassis show' command, a non-wrapped output of this
can be found here: https://falz.net/static/waveserver-1.6-chassis.txt

example diff below:

! +------------------------- POWER SUPPLY STATUS
---------------------------------------+-----------+
! | Slot | Oper | Type | Model | Serial Number |
Part Number / Rev | Power (W) |
! +--------+--------+---------+------------------+---------------+----------------------+-----------+
- ! | PSU-1 | Normal | DC | WS DC PSU | K846S2004RABP |
186-1501-900/AB | 260.0 |
+ ! | PSU-1 | Normal | DC | WS DC PSU | K846S2004RABP |
186-1501-900/AB | 260.5 |
- ! | PSU-2 | Normal | DC | WS DC PSU | K846S2004ZABP |
186-1501-900/AB | 311.5 |
+ ! | PSU-2 | Normal | DC | WS DC PSU | K846S2004ZABP |
186-1501-900/AB | 312.0 |

Not sure what best way is to re-test this - heasley would you like the
entire output from the device, from the command, something else?

Thanks,
Chris