Axis T8504-R switch support
Hello all,

Has anyone done up a rancid plugin to support the Axis T8504-R switch? It’s CLI is Cisco command style. We are looking at deploying these in the field where temperatures are high and need to supply multiple 60W PoE connections for cameras are needed.

Details here: https://www.axis.com/en-us/products/axis-t8504r-industrial-poe-switch <https://www.axis.com/en-us/products/axis-t8504r-industrial-poe-switch>

Nice switch, but would want to be able to keep track of config changes.

Also wondering if there are any development docs for creating these type of plugins to allow us to create some for the community.

Best,

-Troy
Re: Axis T8504-R switch support [ In reply to ]
I did one years ago for the UBNT ToughSwitch and had them stuffed in
sealed metal NEMA boxes, if you can't find one for that.

Since it's all Perl, you can just look at one that is close and copy and
tweak it. It's not very hard to start from a basic template and issue
the commands that are needed.

Re: Axis T8504-R switch support [ In reply to ]
Thanks John.

I was able to create an axis type using the Cisco IOS module and specifying the in loop commands needed for show vlan, sh version and show running-config. Works great.

# this is a lab test for AXIS switch
axis;login;clogin
axis;script;rancid -t axis
axis;inloop;ios::inloop
axis;module;ios
axis;command;ios::ShowVersion;show version
axis;command;ios::ShowVLAN;show vlan
axis;command;ios::WriteTerm;show running-config

Best,

-Troy