Tim
This e-mail contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION intended solely for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please notify so to the sender by e-mail and delete the original message. In such cases, please notify us immediately at info@infinite.com . Further, you are not to copy, disclose, or distribute this e-mail or its contents to any unauthorized person(s). Any such actions are considered unlawful. This e-mail may contain viruses. Infinite has taken every reasonable precaution to minimize this risk, but is not liable for any damage you may sustain as a result of any virus in this e-mail. You should carry out your own virus checks before opening the e-mail or attachments. Infinite reserves the right to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to or from this e-mail address. Messages sent to or from this e-mail address may be stored on the Infinite e-mail system.

***INFINITE******** End of Disclaimer********INFINITE********
Re: no CVS directory created for new groups [ In reply to ]
If you haven't defined CVSROOT then CVS won't know where to create CVS objects, n'est-ce pas?

Until you define it, CVS can't work.? Google your error message.

CVSROOT is usually set in a bash profile (or whatever login initialization script is used by your chosen OS.)

Remember, the environment variable has to be set for the process actually running CVS. If you are running CVS from a user login, that's quite likely got different environment configuration than when you're running it out of cron or some other job scheduler.

--Charlie