For those who are using git with rancid, what has the experience been like? Worth doing? Stay with SVN? Doesn't really matter?

Thanks,
Wayne

Re: git vs svn [ In reply to ]
Sat, Dec 14, 2019 at 01:20:37PM +0000, Wayne Eisenberg:
> I'm considering changing over to git from svn for my rancid version control. A brief Google search seems to show that converting from one to the other is not terribly difficult. (So I don't have to lose my history.)
>
> For those who are using git with rancid, what has the experience been like? Worth doing? Stay with SVN? Doesn't really matter?

I use all three - IMO, religion. git is slightly easier to implement a remote
copy of the repo. both are much faster than cvs.

Re: git vs svn [ In reply to ]
I personally think that implementing a remote copy of the repo with git is
a big plus. We're currently using SVN but I'd like to make the move.